Bitbucket Pipelines makes it quick and easy to get fast feedback when changes are committed. However, there are many use cases where builds need to be run on both changes to the code base and on a regular schedule. Some examples include:
- Nightly builds that take longer to run
- Daily or weekly deployments to a test environment
- Data validation and backups
- Load tests and tracking performance over time
- Jobs and tasks that aren’t coupled to code changes
We’re excited to announce that you can now run pipelines on a schedule. This is another highly requested feature by our users. Creating a schedule is easy. Just define a custom pipeline in your bitbucket-pipelines.yml configuration. Then create a schedule for a branch from the main Pipelines view.
Pipelines can be configured to run on an hourly, daily or weekly schedule.
Have more specific questions about this post? Reach out to us on Twitter to get the information you need.