Atlassian account is coming to Bitbucket Cloud

By on June 14, 2016

join-my-accounts

Forget about having to remember multiple passwords and say hello to a better Atlassian experience in the cloud. Bitbucket users are now being upgraded to Atlassian account. The integration of Atlassian account with all Atlassian Cloud services is currently in progress, and when it is complete, you will be able to log in to Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, and HipChat with one Atlassian account. In addition, you can now use your Atlassian account to log in to SourceTree and our support and billing systems.

The upgrade process will ask you to verify the email address that we have on file. This should be quick and painless, and then it’s back to Bitbucket business as usual!

Already have an Atlassian account? No worries, we’ll join your Bitbucket account to your existing Atlassian account. And if you want to change your email address associated with your Bitbucket account, click “Try another email” during the migration process. If you use Google authentication to log in, you can keep doing so provided it matches your Atlassian account email address.

Want to learn more about Atlassian account? Click here.

• Robert Watkins
    Posted June 14, 2016 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

I asked this on Twitter sometime back and never got an answer – why only Google as a third-party authentication service?

• Alastair Wilkes
      Posted June 14, 2016 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

Hi Robert,

Google auth was prioritized as it was considered most beneficial to users for the initial rollout. We are considering options for implementing others – is there a particular service you are interested in? Thanks.

Alastair

• Robert Watkins
        Posted June 14, 2016 at 5:20 pm | Permalink

I’d definitely prefer Facebook or Twitter over Google.

• nickbrooks
    Posted June 14, 2016 at 6:40 pm | Permalink

That sounds great. Does this mean that Atlassian Account supports 2fa authentication? Currently bitbucket authentication does support 2fa which is a must for our developers at work.

• Alastair Wilkes
      Posted June 15, 2016 at 1:56 pm | Permalink

Atlassian account itself does not yet have 2FA, but Bitbucket 2FA will continue to work as it does today.

• Björn Lundén
    Posted June 16, 2016 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

I have a problem after upgrading my account where any commits I have made in my team’s private repositories say “Bitbucket user” instead of my name, despite the fact that I have changed it back to my name in the settings for the new atlassian account (as instructed). It looks correct for my own repositories but not for team repositories.

Is this a known issue?

• Alastair Wilkes
      Posted June 16, 2016 at 3:27 pm | Permalink

Hi Björn,

Yes, this is a known issue. Sorry you’re encountering it – we’ll have a fix out for it soon.

Alastair

• Björn Lundén
        Posted June 16, 2016 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

Hi Alastair,

Now that’s what I call a prompt reply!

It’s great to hear that you know about it and are working on a fix. I’ll just wait for you to roll out your solution then. Thanks!

• Alastair Wilkes
          Posted June 16, 2016 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

Anytime!

• Björn Lundén
            Posted June 18, 2016 at 3:10 am | Permalink

Seems to show the correct name now. 🙂

• Alastair Wilkes
            Posted June 18, 2016 at 4:54 am | Permalink

Awesome. Thanks for your patience while we got that fixed.