It’s no secret anymore that Git is gaining traction within professional teams. 33% of respondents from a Forrester Enterprise Study last year indicated that 60% or more of their source code is managed by Git-based systems. Git surpassed Subversion for the first time in the 2014 Eclipse Community Survey. Git is becoming increasingly popular because of its easy branching model, flexible workflows, and distributed architecture.
At Atlassian, we’re committed to supporting professional teams making the switch to Git with Bitbucket. So, we’re announcing new capabilities today that will be available soon to help you use Git at massive scale:
- Git mirroring to increase performance for distributed team members
- Git large file storage support to allow collaboration on all file types of any size
- Projects to keep your repositories organized
- Build status for tighter integration between Bitbucket and Bamboo or any other Continuous Integration vendor
Our goal is to make it easier for professional teams to collaborate and deliver software faster. We’ve already added active-active clustering to ensure continuous uptime for source code management systems, a free business-ready product for small teams, and the first marketplace that allows for the discovery and distribution of third-party add-ons.
Organizations of all sizes from large enterprises such as Samsung, Splunk, Netflix, and Barclays Capital to small startups like Pinger, Metromile, and Kaazing are using Bitbucket today. Our JIRA Cloud customers picked Bitbucket as their #1 Git solution. One in three Fortune 500 companies trust Bitbucket and are using it everyday to build and ship software.
We hope you do as well.
Bitbucket is built for professional teams
Git was not originally designed for professional teams that are agile, distributed, and need secure and extensible workflows. Bitbucket makes it easier for a professional team to use Git:
- Features like pull requests, inline comments, and permissioned workflows make it easy for teams to collaborate.
- It’s the only Git solution that massively scales with active-active clustering, mirroring, and flexible deployment models.
- Teams have access to integrations with the tools they most use, such as JIRA, which provides traceability across issues and source. Also, developers can create custom functionality or install a rich set of third-party add-ons available in the Atlassian Marketplace.
For larger organizations who need Premier Support and Strategic Services to get the most out of Bitbucket, we have already added Atlassian Enterprise.
Bitbucket: a unified brand for professional teams
To make it easier for you to find a collaborative code management solution that best meets your needs, we’ve unified our Git products under the Bitbucket name. With Bitbucket, you now have a range of options that can be adopted by teams of all sizes and requirements: Bitbucket Cloud (previously known as Bitbucket), Bitbucket Server (previously known as Stash) and Bitbucket Data Center (previously known as Stash Data Center).
Get started with Bitbucket: Git your way
We have a solution for teams of all sizes and needs – collaborate on code either self-managed or in the cloud, use Git via command-line or SourceTree. If you’re new to Git – head over to “Getting Git right” or if you’ve already made a decision to switch to Git, Try Bitbucket today.
Note: If you’re an existing customer of Stash or Bitbucket and have more questions, please visit the Bitbucket Rebrand FAQ.