Come meet the Bitbucket team and have beer on us

By on October 10, 2011

We’ve been busy building Git into Bitbucket for the last few months, and now it’s time to celebrate with some beer.

Of course it wouldn’t be much of party unless you attend (there are only 9 of us), which is why we’re taking the party on the road to five cities across North America.

What should you bring? Yourself and anyone from your team. We are ready to answer any questions about Bitbucket, talk about DVCS, and learn how you use Bitbucket to build the next great software project.

We’ve booked out various beer halls and would love it if you could pre-register to help us understand how many folks to bring t-shirts for and buy chips and dip for!

All the parties will start at 6:00 pm and go until the fat lady has sung. Hope you can join us!

Update: Some Romanian Bitbucket users are planning a Drinkup in Timişoara on Oct 23rd. Details and signup here.

• Anonymous
    Posted October 11, 2011 at 12:54 am | Permalink

You should bring the party here to the Riviera Maya(Near Cancun) the staff will be happy to be here in the beatiful beaches of mexico, of course you’ll notice that we really like beer =).u00a0nby the way great job implementing git into bitbucket. Congrats.

• Anonymous
    Posted October 11, 2011 at 12:54 am | Permalink

by the way great job implementing git into bitbucket. Congrats.

• Anonymous
    Posted October 11, 2011 at 12:54 am | Permalink

by the way great job implementing git into bitbucket. Congrats.

• chief seattle
    Posted October 11, 2011 at 1:11 am | Permalink

Come to Seattle!

• chief seattle
    Posted October 11, 2011 at 1:11 am | Permalink

Come to Seattle!

• chief seattle
    Posted October 11, 2011 at 1:11 am | Permalink

Come to Seattle!

• chief seattle
    Posted October 11, 2011 at 1:11 am | Permalink

Come to Seattle!

• Bitbucket support
      Posted October 11, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Permalink

Defintely on the shortlist for next time. In the meantime, if you’d be interested in organizing one there — we can help out. Email us.

• Loyd
      Posted October 12, 2011 at 6:24 am | Permalink

Definitely come to Seattle!

• Jennyross1389
      Posted May 11, 2012 at 6:18 pm | Permalink

There should be needed many things to derive.

• Posted October 11, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

Not a single location in the South :(. u00a0Come to Atlanta

• Posted October 11, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

Not a single location in the South :(.  Come to Atlanta

• Posted October 11, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

Not a single location in the South :(.  Come to Atlanta

• Steve Donie
      Posted October 11, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

Austin is South! Thanks for picking us!

• Bitbucket support
      Posted October 11, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

Maybe next time ’round! These certainly won’t be the last drink-ups we do. And if you want to host your own in Atlanta — we can help you sponsor! Email us.

• Fernand
    Posted October 12, 2011 at 4:13 am | Permalink

You should come to Los Angeles! I’m pretty sure a lot of people here would be interested in meeting up with the Bitbucket team.

• Fernand
    Posted October 12, 2011 at 4:13 am | Permalink

• Fernand
    Posted October 12, 2011 at 4:13 am | Permalink

• Jason
    Posted October 12, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

Who are the bitbucket / atlassian representatives who going? Is Jesper going to be there? u00a0It just so happens I will be passing through Chicago on the 25th so was planning on coming (I write the GUI client MacHg…)nnCheers,nu00a0 Jas

• Jason
    Posted October 12, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

Who are the bitbucket / atlassian representatives who going? Is Jesper going to be there?  It just so happens I will be passing through Chicago on the 25th so was planning on coming (I write the GUI client MacHg…)

Cheers,
      Jas

• Jason
    Posted October 12, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

Cheers,
      Jas

• Posted October 12, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Permalink

There’ll be four of us at each of the “away” venues. The four heading to Chicago are:

– me (front-end developer/designer)
      – Mehmet (long-time member of the Bitbucket team, lauded for his ability to get sh*t done)
      – Charles (sys admin, keeps the show running, could not get by without him)
      – Justen (the PM, talks a good game)

I look forward to meeting you!

• Posted October 12, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

Come to Raleigh, NC

• Posted October 12, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

Come to Raleigh, NC

• Posted October 12, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

Come to Raleigh, NC

• Posted October 13, 2011 at 11:55 am | Permalink

Nothing in India (Bangalore) ?

• Posted October 13, 2011 at 11:55 am | Permalink

Nothing in India (Bangalore) ?

• Posted October 13, 2011 at 11:55 am | Permalink

Nothing in India (Bangalore) ?

• Hardik Device
      Posted October 15, 2011 at 7:11 am | Permalink

Yes, come to India 🙂

• Posted October 24, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Permalink

Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow. You are coming to Zurmo’s hometown…

• Posted October 24, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Permalink

• Posted October 26, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

Awesome event last night. Great to meet you guys!

• Posted October 26, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

Awesome event last night. Great to meet you guys!

• Anonymous
    Posted November 16, 2011 at 1:30 am | Permalink

This is an affecting point of view on this topic. I am happy you shared your ideas and I find myself agreeing.
    ppgi steel

• Posted March 23, 2012 at 3:01 am | Permalink

Nicely presented information in this post, I prefer to read
    this kind of stuff. The quality of content is fine and the conclusion is good.
    Thanks for the post.

• Posted March 23, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Permalink

When I started to read article I was thinking about the way
    you present such great topic. By the way could you please post more articles on
    such topic? I really appreciate it

• Posted April 10, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

I am happy listening about the celebration. It took my focus on it.

• Posted April 30, 2012 at 6:19 pm | Permalink

Great new this is. I am joining this for sure. I am dreaming of joining the party. Wonderful job. But I don’t have permission yet. But it was great evening.

• Posted May 3, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

It was wonderful to know about a party here. I would definitely love join the party if you people have no problem. Thanks for sharing this.

• Posted May 4, 2012 at 4:12 am | Permalink

Thank you very much for inviting. I really want to join the party and I hope you will allow me in. It was really great visiting your site and got this invitation.

• Posted May 12, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

To say the truth I am very impressed by what you told. You
    share tons of interesting info, neat and excellent design you’ve got here. It’s
    certainly one of the most informative stuff on this topic I’ve ever read.

• Posted May 14, 2012 at 5:42 am | Permalink

I love beer, I love party. So I liked your post like hell. I want to join willingly with you people. Is there any chance for me?

• Posted May 17, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

Just want to say I definitely see the content of this I tried to find today. This brief article is directly at the time. Thanks for your time to write and also to see him. This could be one of the best pieces I have had for a long time.

• billywood 805
    Posted June 20, 2012 at 2:46 am | Permalink

If you would like to inform an important person, that you approximating
    him independence day messages than write him a correspondence
    but don’t make use of your smartphone.