Denial of service attack

By on June 6, 2011

Over the last 12 hours Bitbucket has been subject to a distributed denial of service attack, intermittently making Bitbucket unavailable. Working with our data center, we have placed a block at our network provider which has relieved the attack.

If you experienced a disruption of service during this period, we apologize for any inconvenience.

• Richard Crites
    Posted June 7, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

I have tried several times over the span of a couple of weeks to email either sale or support @ bitbucket.org. These always bounce. How can I communicate with someone in sales or support? I have some pre-sale questions I need to have answered before I can sign up and pay.nThanks for any help.

• Richard Crites
    Posted June 7, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

Thanks for any help.

• Richard Crites
    Posted June 7, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

Thanks for any help.

• Posted June 11, 2011 at 2:27 am | Permalink

No complaints here as I use bitbucket’s free service. Thanks for the update.

• Posted June 11, 2011 at 2:27 am | Permalink

No complaints here as I use bitbucket’s free service. Thanks for the update.

• Posted June 11, 2011 at 2:27 am | Permalink

No complaints here as I use bitbucket’s free service. Thanks for the update.

• Posted June 11, 2011 at 3:00 am | Permalink

LOL I wonder who needs to DDoS a bunch of geeks. Come on, it’s not a bank or something! And we ain’t need access to BitBucket to commit after all!

• Posted June 11, 2011 at 3:00 am | Permalink

• Posted June 11, 2011 at 3:00 am | Permalink

• Ahrimazda
    Posted November 20, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

Is it happening again?? Bitbucket is unavailable since last night!

• Ahrimazda
    Posted November 20, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

Is it happening again?? Bitbucket is unavailable since last night!

• Charles McLaughlin
      Posted November 20, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

No.  We monitor Bitbucket all over the world and we haven’t had any recent recent downtime.

• Jr2wolfgang