It’s been amazing to watch all of the projects being added to Bitbucket since modifying our pricing plan in late September. The growth of your public and private repositories even has us looking to expand our diskspace sooner than we original planned!
With all of this growth, we’ve noticed that it’s sometimes difficult to sift through all the awesome projects that have been added to Bitbucket. To help you discover popular, existing and trending repositories we’ve added new filtering options to the repository explorer.
The new controls allow you to filter repositories by date (weekly, monthly, all time) and activity (commits, followers or forks).
Also this week, while doing some basic gardening of the APIs (bug fixes) we added a new feature that allows you to manage the access control list of your public and private repositories. Using the new API, you can add, modify or remove a user’s read, write or admin access to a repository.
If there are other REST APIs you’d like added to Bitbucket, please let us know.
Until next week, here’s the full list of changes this week:
- Repository permissions can now be managed via the REST API
- Filtering of public repositories by date, commits, follows and forks
- Login to the website with your username or email address
- Improved welcome page after creating a new repository
- Improved the look and feel of the changeset views
- Repository tabs are now implemented purely in CSS
- The follow / unfollow buttons are now dynamic
- Fixed tooltips being generated for private issue links in the news feed
- Fixed ampersands not being escaped in the changeset diff view
- Fixed an issue where issue comments marked as spam could contain truncated wiki HTML
- Fixed an issue that prevented first/last name changes
- Fixed an internal server error when uploading files with non-ASCII characters in the filename
- Fixed an internal server error when mapping non-ASCII committer names
- Fixed not being able to map committer names containing forward slashes
- Fixed a server error when trying to look up non-ASCII emails on Gravatar
- Fixed a server error when filtering issues with data that isn’t valid UTF-8
- Fixed a server error when creating wiki pages with non-ASCII titles
- Fixed a server error when searching for a revision containing non-ASCII characters in the source browser
- Fixed a server error when uploading logos and avatars that don’t use the RGB colorspace
- Fixed an issue where the REST API was caching results for too long
- Fixed unicode issues in the Lighthouse and Basecamp brokers
- Fixed some minor rendering issues in the source view
- Fixed a minor rendering issue with the repository drop down